Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I feel like the Herlihy Boy


Dog-sitting/House-sitting + research studies + garage sale + ebay sales = $565
Today I have $1904.00 left to raise!

Seriously, if you need to rent me for anything, mowing the lawn, washing dishes, dusting, etc. I will do it! Prayers for more money also appreciated :)

Doing all this work, a Saturday Night Live skit came to mind
...the Herlihy Boy...

Mr. O'Malley: He's a good hard-working boy! Let him bring in your mail!
Herlihy Boy: I'm not gonna beg you. My track record speaks for itself. I'm confident you'll make the right decision.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8hUgTuLQTU


|as always, if you are so inclined, tax-deductible donations can be made at https://www.crossroadscommunity.net/go/Index.aspx |

Enough about money:
They broke us up into our work teams last night.
I got together with my gardening team for the first time. I actually ran into two girls I went to Mississippi with after Hurricane Katrina...they don't even go to Crossroads church! It's nice to know, when I'm working in South Africa, in a foreign neighborhood, that I'll already know some people, and that's pretty comforting.
Paul and Greg will be doing construction, building homes. Mae will be playing with kids!

No comments: